Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Horoscope in the newspapers have always interested me. I am not a big believer in what they write each day about each sign. I am not saying it isn’t true or factual because I don’t know.

Having said that I had never seen a cartoon strip using the signs as the characters of a strip.

Many years ago I tried to sell a comic strip to the cartoon syndicates based on the Zodiac Signs calling it “Twisted Twilight”. I worked on more panels while I had mailed it off for submission.  A lot of rejects with a few positive replies, but no takers.  I then added another strip that I was working on based on my daughter.

When my caricature business started to grow I put all my energy in growing that part of my art career so I put the cartoon strips on the back burner.

A few years back I let my daughter use the characters for a side business on a clothing line she was working on. Now she has put that on back burner, so she can concentrate on her career in Hollywood.

Thanks to Frank Zieglar ( Zieglar Blog ) who showed me how to get started on blogspot and seeing his drive to be successful as a cartoonist... It got me fired up to scan my work and put it on my blog....

So now that I am the Editor/Publisher/Janitor of mello-toons.blogspot.com, I will show some panels, until I decide what I am going to do with my cartoons. 

Here are the 12 characters of the strip “Twisted Twilight”. Tomorrow I will start putting on some of the panels.




No comments:

Post a Comment