Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An annual commission

I have been fortunate to get an yearly studio piece to work on.


The Jewish Community Center here in San Antonio has an annual fund raiser to help support their community work. At the event they honor a person of the year or couple of the year. For the last 8 - 10 years, I have been commissioned to draw the honoree based on the subject matter that they supply me. They print the program in house (black and white printer) with the subject on the cover 5 1/2" X 8 1/2"and they also print out a poster size of the art to be place on an easel at entrance at the door. The event is held in late November.


I was burning a CD of this last years 2009 artwork for a back up and decided to find some of the other years and put it on my blog.


(Here are some of the past years art-55% reduction.)


Each year they make changes, before the final. Makes for a fun assignment.

(Here is the art for 2009 actual size)

This past year I did the art using both Photo shop and Illustrator. I also combined a photo in the art. It was fun piece to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment