Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Caricaturing in the early 1900’s

In 2004 my mother passed away at the age of 92.

Mom was living in the house (known by our family as the Home Place) my Great Grandfather on my Dad’s side had built way back when, and Lothrops have lived in that house since it was constructed. Needless to say my brother, sister and I found things that were saved we didn’t even know that were there. We came across some old Saturday Evening Posts. As I was looking thru them I found some ads for schools offering caricature instructions, some were on drawing others for illustration. There were some other ads that I will also share with you over the next few weeks.

These ads were from 1902, 1903 and 1904.


Some ads are better than some and NO!

Even thou I might need it, I did not send for the instructions.


The first clipping is from July 12, 1902 and the second clipping is from October 18, 1902



Enjoy.........






No comments:

Post a Comment